Friday, March 20, 2009

NCAA Day 3

NCAA Tournament First Round:  Western Kentucky 76, Illinois 72.

I awoke Thursday morning excited and anxious for the big game. After some more exploring of downtown Portland, we headed over to the arena to watch Gonzaga beat Akron 77 to 64. Half an hour after the first game, we found our shooting positions on the baseline. Despite lots of pre-game jitters, shooting went well, and I felt like I came away with some solid frames. Western pulled off a 76-72 victory over Illinois, and advances on to face Gonzaga in the second round this Saturday.

After sending photos back to Kentucky for the web, we hit up a local pub for one of the best burgers I've ever had. I love you, Portland.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

Luke- sick shots! that first one is ace! you are so gifted!